24 February 2010

Days 9 through 12: on the wagon, off the wagon

On Day 9 (Saturday, the morning after I overslept) I jumped back on the wagon, made it through Day 10, but on Day 11 I fell asleep around 12:30am and ended up sleeping over 6 hours.  Now it's Day 12.

Yesterday I was miserable: I had a headache for much of the night, and I felt cold again at night when I was trying to stay awake.  Today I feel great, and I'm hoping it's not just because I got 6 hours of sleep last night, but that I'm adapting.

On the bright side, even if I only feel good today because of the extra sleep, the very fact that 6 hours counts as extra sleep for my body now is quite heartening.  I'll try to keep up the 3hrs+3naps schedule, but if I don't make significant progress soon I'll considering 4.5hs+2naps.

In other news, still experimenting with ways to take naps in the office bathroom.  It's always been difficult to find a comfortable position, but I think I'm close to a breakthrough.  Then again I think that after every nap, and I can never remember what the new position was by the time I get to my next nap.

Oh, and one more thing: I'm moving my entire schedule back 30 minutes, so that I sleep from 330-630, 1130-1150, 1650-1710, 2210-2230.

No comments:

Post a Comment