27 February 2010

Weeks 1 and 2 in review

My original hope was that I wouldn't have to do anything like this since I would just stick to the schedule as planned every day and so there would be no need to calculate how long I had slept.  Yes, quite naive of me.  I'm still going to say that applies for naps though: I've only ever completely missed one, although the couple times I've overslept  so much that a nap has gotten skipped.  Still, for the most part it's been 3 20-25 minute naps every day, so I'm just going to record my core sleeps:

Week 1:
Day 1: 3 hrs
Day 2: 3 hrs
Day 3: 4 hrs
Day 4: 3 hrs
Day 5: 3 hrs
Day 6: 3 hrs
Day 7: 3 hrs
Average: 3.15hrs

Week 2:
Day 8: 9hrs
Day 9: 3hrs
Day 10: 3hrs
Day 11: 6hrs
Day 12: 3hrs
Day 13: 3hrs
Day 14: 4hrs
Average: 4.5hrs

So on Week 2 I've been oversleeping every 3 days and sleeping an average of 4.5hrs.  Seems about as good a reason as any to try out the 4.5+2 schedule.  Based on my experience this past couple weeks I'm pretty sure even if I'm getting very poor naps I'll be able to function with 4.5hrs/night of sleep.  The downside, of course, is that may day becomes an hour shorter - but it's not like I've been that pressed for time lately.

Also, I really need to figure out how long my sleep cycles are at night so I can pick the exact right amount of time to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment